MY YOGA CLASSES
Join Me On The Mat
The styles of yoga that I teach are as follows..
- Yin yoga is similar to Restorative yoga in that you hold postures for 3 to 5 mins.
- The difference with Yin is that you are finding your edge in the postures to the point where you know you are working.
- We also are working with the meridians lines to assist with the flow of blood and energy in the body.
- In Yin we are not building up muscles we are working with the Connective Tissues / Fascia
- Restorative yoga is a deep relaxation practice where students are guided into postures and are encouraged to finding the most comfortable position in the posture.
- Muscles are not being worked and also, we are not working with the Connective Tissues / Fascia
- Can be Gentle, Medium, Strong. Postures are held up to 5 breaths and is a great way to start your yoga journey as it allows you to focus on good posture and alignment (Foundations) and the breath
- Deep relaxation practice. 10 to 30mins
- Student lie in Savasana (on their back) and close their eyes and listen to the guided meditation.
- This can be run as a standalone practice of at the end of all the above practise, except for Vinyasa Flow
Pranayama & Meditation
- Pranayama & Meditation are foundations of Yoga are ancient practices that help us come into a more centred relaxed start. We work with the breath and sometimes include mantras while we are breath. These practices can be preferred by themselves or at any time during a Yoga practice
Where I Teach
- Currently I’m teaching 2 class of Yin Yoga at Virgin Active, Frenches Forrest each week.
I also teach Hatha Yoga classes when providing cover for other teachers.
BODY - MIND - SPIRIT
They say that yoga finds you and thats exactly what happened to me.
I had being going to my local yoga centre for several years and what I noticed was the more I went the more balanced I became
Then one night after coming out of a deep meditation I had and Ahu moment where I just knew that I needed to become a yoga teacher so that I could assist others in finding their balance too
Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
Sign up and receive a monthly newsletter that will contain information on up and coming events and retreats as well as links to free Yoga and Coaching videos!